Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I've contemplated the reaction of Ms. Hawkins on reading the reviews stating "The Girl on the Train" is the new Gone Girl --did she feel elated at the comparison to a best seller, or sad that comparisons were inevitable.  

I assume only the people closest to the author will know her thoughts on the matter, but she should feel proud that her book was on the New York Best Seller list and will also entertain in theaters this October.

I cheated by going to Wikipedia and reading the detailed synopsis of the story, and though there is an interesting premise, I'm not positive if I can gather enough enthusiasm to sit through the reading, though I found a quote that deserves a look at. 

I agree with these words since it's not the holes that bring you down, but how you create a life that can fill in the gaps or at least maintain them. 

Please comment on the following quote, and also let me know what you thought of the book. 



Clicking on the picture will link to the original source without the words.

“The holes in your life are permanent. You have to grow around them, like tree roots around concrete; you mould yourself through the gaps.”    ― Paula Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment