Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

The Nightingale is a book that I would normally contemplate reading and promptly proceed to move on, yet the reviews on Goodreads (my favorite book site) are outstanding. Normally, if a rating on that site is a 3.7 or up, the author should feel extremely blessed, yet this book received a 4.53 which is exceptional.

The setting of the story is WW2 in France and there appears to be love in the air, perhaps with the enemy. Romance books are a dime a dozen and the same could be said for books set in wartime, so the writing must appear remarkable beyond expectations.
Perhaps one day, when I can afford a few extra dollars, I will buy the book on my Kindle and uncover why the rating is notably higher.

I agree with this quote and hopefully, most people are in harmony with the message it imparts.



All pictures (without the words) are from Pixabay, and clicking on them will take you to the site.

“But love has to be stronger than hate, or there is no future for us.” 
― Kristin HannahThe Nightingale









No comments:

Post a Comment